Monday, August 3, 2009

How refreshing

What can I say? It was such a refreshing weekend having Pennie and the girls here. It was a long, cool drink alongside a roaring waterfall, literally and figuratively. Being that Pennie is a sister in the Lord, it was totally priceless to me to reconnect with a sister. When you move out of town and still haven't found that special sister-in-Christ, your old church family relationships become all the more valuable. The same feeling happens when Connie comes. Refreshment, deep connection and priceless.

Friday we awakened to a very rainy day, and cinnamon rolls. It wasn't so bad until we sensed the kids were getting restless. Being that it was still gray, we opted for bowling. The thought of bowling made me yawn; they can bowl any time, they came here for the mountains! I wasn't about to fret about it, I went out on the porch and prayed. Can I tell you that within an hour, the skies were clear? The mountains it is! We went to a great creek that had fabulous boulders and rocks to climb. All the kids got barefoot and enjoyed the cool, rushing water! Then we drove up the mountain and walked amongst some ominous boulders! Mission accomplished!

Saturday we drove to one of my favorite waterfalls and swam in the very cold water. The waterfall was really coming down, unlike the trickle we had last visit. It was therapeutic in so many ways. Keith treated us to some freshly grilled burgers and we lingered as long as we could, to drink in every last drop.

Sunday was special because it has been 3 years since I have worshiped with any of my old church family. I don''t think I can even put it into words how it made me feel. Pennie, thanks so much for making the long trip, and thanks for being YOU! The girls were delightful as usual! I can't wait to try Todd's new bacon burgers - I'll let you know how we like them! Our home is your home, come back anytime!

No comments: