Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beware of Hartz Flea Treatments

PLEASE do not use Hartz flea treatments for your cats. We gave Lucy a treatment yesterday and today she is not playing and has tremors in her paws. I was gone much of the day so didn't think anything of it this morning. I thought she had gotten her paws wet and was just shaking the water off of them. When I got home, I noticed she was still under the weather and still had shaking paws.

Still in denial, I figured it was nothing. Just before going to bed, we decided to do a search and have found out with Hartz products, seizures and even death can occur! We immersed Lucy in water ( not fun) and have prayed over her. If she is not well in the morning, I will be making a vet visit.

I have written a letter to Hartz and I will NEVER buy another Hartz product ever. I hope you will use the same caution.

2 comments:

Mamosa said...

Aww. Please keep us updated!

Our little Zoe dog did that once with Adams Flea Mist.

Elizabeth said...

Last night, when I finally had the dots connected and read the net, I was in tears. They package the product to look safe.....