Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sky Angel

We just got Sky Angel (Christian cable) this week. I am really liking it, for the most part. It is lacking a few channels that I like, but I think the more people that subscribe to it, the more they will add the better channels. There are also a TON of old movies and TV shows in it that may bore the average American to tears, but it offers clean, uplifting programing that the whole family can enjoy. MOST of the channels have an automatic 48 hour playback feature, and that is extremely cool. The monthly rate is only $24.99 for 70 channels, so that is quite a bit cheaper than our old cable. We are still not sure if they play live football, but I would hate for that to be a deal breaker since the good totally outweighs the bad. It has Fox news and several other channels we love, so for us, it is great. You can try it for 30 days risk free or just come over and check out ours. If you decide to give it a try, let me know and I can give you my referral code so I can get a free month of service. Let me know what you think about it - I'd love to hear your opinions.

3 comments:

jcallahan said...

This sounds like a great idea. Of course more selection would be nice, but it would be even better if you could select what you want to pay for instead of getting a package. It would also be awesome if they would integrate it with Win 7 media center (so I could record it and move it around the house). Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Keep us up-to-date on how it goes.

I just realized that you posted something techie! Way to go.

Elizabeth said...

There are 3 different packages, all reasonably priced. They have Discovery Kids, Hallmark and a few others that we like. I heard they may be getting Home & Garden Channel. I really like this new show on FamNet called "Wretched" - have you watched that show yet?? It is so awesome - it is the fastest 30 minutes of my life.

I guess this was sort of techie, wasn't it?? I surprise even myself!

lisamom2four said...

I wonder if they have it in our neck of the woods. hummmm.... Imagine Tatiana's surprise when she comes home and can't watch those awful programs on MTV. I can't stand those programs. She was mad because I blocked it using parental control. I compromised and fixed it so that she can watch them but only when the kids are not in the house.