Friday, June 19, 2009

It's all about me

I thought it would be fun to post 25 random things about me, some you already know, some you don't. I figure my kids may want to know this stuff one day and I better write it all down before I forget!

1. I am the youngest of 12 children, well, actually 13. A baby boy died shortly after birth.
2. I can actually say I walked to school in knee deep snow, uphill both ways of course
3. I moved to Maryland when I was 19, on a whim, and stayed there 7 years.
4. I attended night school at Anne Arundel Community College and the University of Maryland.
5. Was an accountant in Washington, DC for 3 years.
6. Quit my job in DC exactly one month after my mom died.
7. Was without a job for 3 months, used up all of my savings and had $134 left until I was broke.
8. Got a job closer to home and met my future husband all in the same day. Of course I didn't know he was going to be my husband at the time.
9. I owned a cockatiel named Vesuvious for 7 years.
10. Gave Vesuvious to my bother Charlie and he had him for the last 7 years of his life.
11. I often lived on couch change when living on my own.
12. Started spending time with Keith "as friends" in early 1992.
13. Married Keith in fall of 1992 - I guess we became really good friends.
14. I used to eat potato chips in the middle of the night. In my bed.
15. My friend Sue lived with me two separate times. When I moved to Louisiana, she took over my apartment house.
16. Had my house broken into while I was sleeping - that was very scary so I moved.
17. I like order, organization, clean countertops and can't stand clutter. When I see clutter at your house, I just want to clean it up for you.
18. I became a Christian shortly after the birth of my first son, on May 1, 1994.
19. My last son was born at home after only 45 minutes of VERY intense contractions.
20. Had a cat named Chloe for almost 17 years - she died in Andrew's arms on the way to the vet. WAH!
21. I am claustrophobic but had no idea I was until I was in a cave 250 below the surface and nearly panicked. Maybe I did panic...
22. I love to cook and I love to see how healthy I can make the meal using the freshest, wholest foods I can get. I just want nutritionally dense food, what can I say?
23. I love to play board games and I especially love winning.......but I can lose with some grace, but not much.
24. I love to use foreign accents and often can't quit. Lately I have been talking like inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther.
25. After nearly 20 years, I still miss my mom every day. And my dad, who died nearly 9 years ago.
26. I know I said 25 things, but that last one was a joy killer, so this one will be more fun: I love reading other people's 25 random things lists so go make you one so I can read it. It really was fun!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Then my home must drive you NUTS! ;o)

Joe said...

My high school was two blocks from my house. We lived at the bottom of a hill, and the school was at the bottom of the other side of the hill. I really did walk uphill both ways. Sure it was only 2 blocks, but it was uphill...no snow.

I sometimes speak in foreign accents, too, but mostly, after hearing someone else do it, I THINK in that accent for a week afterwards (which means I think with a Dutch or British accent a lot these days, working for a European company). My co-workers think it's hilarious when I imitate the boss from Pakistan.

Anonymous said...

Inspector Clouseau - hilarious! I love the scene (in the first movie that had Steve Martin) where he is learning to speak with an American accent "I would like to buy a ham-bur-ger.". Jowanna