Friday, February 27, 2009

My blog thoughts are clogged

Can't seem to put a decent blog entry together. I have started several and then deleted them. One was a political rant, one was about my new washing machine (BORING) and that's as far as I get. I'll probably delete this one, too. I don't want to waste anyone's time on boring, mundane stuff.

We are doing well, though. Our new church has literally breathed new life into us and we are back in the groove of worship, Bible study and AWESOME fellowship. It feels so good to be excited about church again. A two+ year dry spell without all of the above can really affect you. Thankfully, we are jumping in head first, regardless of the water temperature and fully immersing ourselves in our new church home.

Chris just started a computer programming course and he is very excited! We have been looking for one for years, and one was finally just released. It was published for homeschoolers and promises to have more advanced courses added later.

Andrew is dreaming about playing the acoustic guitar, so we are on the hunt for a good bargain. I have no doubt he will be able to pick it up and just start playing it. He has this musical talent on loan from God, I swear.

Michael will have his 12th birthday next week, so he is anxious to join Civil Air Patrol. He has been counting the days to when he was old enough to join. Happy Birthday, Michael!

James is like my little buddy. He reminds me so much of me when I was his age. He absolutely loves working in the kitchen with me and going on jaunts around town. I get so much joy from him and his infatuation with me.

And as for me, well, I have taken on a part-time job working with one of my friend's husband who is a CPA and is snowed under this tax season. It will be the first time I have worked outside of the home in over 15 years. I start tomorrow.

Ok, I guess I will post this one. I know it is not very exciting, but I fear if I don't post something, I may never post again.

4 comments:

Mamosa said...

Well, I for one, am glad you posted. You quite shocked me at the end about a JOB! What!? What a change? Is it only temporary for tax season?

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Not sure how permanent the job will be, but it was rather fun to do mind stimulating stuff and get paid for it - what a concept!

lisamom2four said...

Congratulations on the new job and Good luck. I hope you have fun.