Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home at last

Well, our search for a church home has finally ended with that deep sigh of relief you feel when you get home from a long trip. Home at last! The search often seemed arduous, frustrating and sometimes resulted in some tense Sunday afternoons, but we persevered. We just so happen to look on-line one "last" time to see if there was a church we missed and sure enough, there was a new Church of Christ and the website (www.gracebridge.com) made it looks so good, we drove up to the building just to have a look. I had a feeling it was formed as the result of split, because CofC's just don't pop up out of nowhere. About 100 people from a large CofC split off to be a little more progressive, in a good way. These people seem to be on fire for God and already we feel like family. I am actually talking in Bible class for the first time in over 2 years (bet you didn't know I could keep my mouth shut for that long). They have connect (life) groups and we have already plugged into one that fits us perfectly.

I really feel God telling me that I need to never forget what it is to be new and searching for a church home. Once I get to know the faces at church, I am going to make it a point to greet visitors with a fervor I have never had before. Isn't it the most vulnerable thing to walk into a church for the first time, knowing no one?? Being a greeter was never my bag before, but now that I have learned this lesson that the Lord wanted me to learn, I plan to greet like never before. I hope I don't scare anyone off....

No comments: