Saturday, January 3, 2009

Perspective

One phone call can change your perspective, especially when on the other end, the news is really bad. Our nephew, Matt, was killed today in a car accident. It is Keith's sister's older son. He was 22 years old. We are all in shock. His two half-brothers are in critical condition, they are 10 and 13 years old. It is every parent's nightmare to lose a child. Please add Keith's family to your prayers, especially his sister, Becky, and their father, Scott, and of course the two brothers.

We are headed to Louisiana in the morning - we'd appreciate prayer cover for our travels.

Hug those kids tightly tonight and Thank God for each minute with them.

Update: We are home, but sadly have to report that Ben, the 10 year old brother, did not survive.

5 comments:

Susan said...

How very sad. I'll be praying for everyone involved plus safe travels.

Jan said...

I'm so sorry and sad for Keith, you and the whole family. Prayers for your safe travel and for God's comfort for everyone. If I can do anything while you're in Louisiana, please call!!!

Mamosa said...

Oh, E., that is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Pennie said...

You will all have my prayers as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. You are welcome to stay here or come over anytime you wish.

lisamom2four said...

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for your family, especially Keith's sister. I will praying that you arrive safely in Louisiana and that God comforts your family through this tragedy.