Saturday, November 29, 2008

When Life Gives You Mashed Potatoes........




.........make perogis!!! Oh my, did we have fun making perogis this evening. We had plenty of leftover potatoes from Thanksgiving, so I added some cheese and Andrew and I got busy! Oops, Keith helped, too! It is so much more fun to make them with someone else, unless that other someone else is John K.... He gets rather bossy in the kitchen, and the last time I made perogis was with him. We love yah anyway, John!!! Come on over and we can make some more - I am not terribly scarred from the last time. (LOL!!!)

It occured to me that I have been making perogis for over 30 years! Yikes! I used to make them with my lifelong friend, Marj (love yah, M)and her sister in their basement. They had an extra kitchen in the basement and we would concoct all kinds of good things to eat down there. Not to mention the yearly tradition that her mother and aunt had making hundreds, maybe thousands of them every winter. What a great life!

Anyway, they turned out great and now that I can get some people to help me make them, perhaps I won't wait so long next time.




3 comments:

Mamosa said...

Can you freeze them?

Janet said...

Now there's a Western PA dish - yea!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, you can freeze them. And yes, a GREAT Western PA food!!!