Monday, October 10, 2011

Two Month Blog Hiatus

Hello ya'll! I am guessing nobody really reads this thing anymore, especially since I haven't posted in over two months. It has simply been an interesting period in our lives. Chris began college the first week of August. He is doing amazingly well and I am so proud of him! Dalton State is known for being a "hard" school, and he has risen to the challenge. Chris is a natural scholar and just seems to do well effortlessly. He is also a natural accountant and will be one of the best!

Andrew and Michael are in high school. Andrew is trying to get the credits he needs to enlist in the Air Force this spring, which would put him heading to boot camp in the summer of 2014. He will also enroll in Dalton State next year to get a few college credits under his belt. The Air Force likes you to have a minimum of 15 college credits. Michael is still undecided about his future plans, and that is okay! There is plenty of time,Lord willing.

James is devouring books right now. Who'd of thought that?? He is also partaking in playing some good old fashioned rink hockey. He really loves it, which just surprises us. He is the least aggressive child we have, but he loves the hockey. I am thankful for some fabulous friends that run it and mentor James each week.

Keith and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary last month. In some ways it seems like we have always been together and in other ways, it seems like yesterday. I love being married, although it isn't always easy. We do hit many peaks and valleys, but the Lord has blessed us with an unshakable commitment. I am incredibly thankful for Keith and his loving support.

Me? Well, I will spare you the details, but I have been having an interesting time lately. I could group about 10 negative experiences I have endured over the last two months, between sever back pain to teenagers to teenagers and then more teenagers and throw in some bumps in the road and, well, it has been interesting. But the Lord is faithful. His mercies are new every morning. I rest upon Him and begin each day with Him and pray for the best. Teenagers. They are an interesting breed. I hope they don't kill me.

No comments: