Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Big Chill...





...waiting for the big thaw. Ok, I love winter. I love snow even more, but days on end of sub-freezing temperatures? Not so much. I feel like I am in Pennsylvania again, or maybe Maryland again, but not Georgia. The 9 inch dumping of snow was fabulous. I haven't seen that much snow in 20 years. But, I am a southerner now, and I like the here today, gone today kind of snow. This is the first time we have had snow last this long (I can hear my sister Becky laughing hysterically right now). I am by no means, ready for spring, nor am sick of the beautiful white stuff, but can we at least get above freezing? Even the chickens are staying in the coop. I guess they don't want their tail feathers to get icicles on them...

On the bright side, the snow has reignited my cooking desires, and I have made several yummy meals this week. Pecan crusted chicken, homemade bread, and potato soup. Winter is just a time to cook and snuggle under blankets and sip coffee all day.

I'm going to try and dig out the van today, with the hope of going to Costco tomorrow. I think I will need a very large ice pick and an even larger shovel.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love the pictures!! I made 2 batches of cinnamon rolls the other and have been working on Jacob's quilt top. I've completed 1/4 of it in 2 days so I'm on a roll. LOL

Mamosa said...

This snow makes me want to bake. That's dangerous! I have to stop it!

Elizabeth said...

I have baked some, too. But I have resisted the urge to do more. I made cornbread yesterday, and didn't eat one bite of it.

Susan - that is great that you have another quilt going!!!