Monday, November 16, 2009

Can I brag just a minute?

I simply can not shout this loud enough how proud I am of my sons! They are such wonderful boys, but much more than that, they have a heart for God! Over the last 20 weeks (so sad it is over!) we have attended a class with some friends. It was on financial freedom, but not Dave Ramsey's approach, but a more spiritual approach. Anyway, it has been the best 20 weeks of spiritual devotion I have ever invested. I think you could find out about it at Institute in Basic Life Principles.

So, the leader is my boss (I work for him part-time doing accounting work) and he is very gentle, but with very high expectations. It's all good. We were given a challenging memory verse each week, for 20 weeks. He challenged us to meditate on the verses every day, and commit them to our heart. Then he challenged us to recite all 20 of them (KJV mind you) at the final night for a little competition.

Of course his daughter took first place - she learned them so easily! Such a SWEET girl!!! You would love her! Guess who took second? Yes, of course it was Chris. Third??? Any guesses? Of course it was Andrew! How about fourth? Who would take fourth? ME!!! The Braud hat trick! Gotta love that, and ALL for His GLORY!!!

I may go into a depression now that we are not meeting for the next 2 months....

Thanks for letting me brag a bit, which, if you know me, is something I rarely do.

3 comments:

jcallahan said...

Way to go guys (and girls)! Something really worth committing to memory.

Mamosa said...

That's exciting! Is he offering this class again?

Elizabeth said...

No, not that class, but perhaps a different one. Keith and I are thinking of hosting the Financial Class, though. Would you be interested?