Saturday, June 28, 2008

The boys are back in town!

Well, we all survived a week of Chris & Andrew going to Summer Bible Camp at Fall Creek Falls, TN. I had mixed feelings before they went, but ultimately felt peaceful. It gave me lots of quality time with Michael & James, and for the most part, we had a very nice time, just the four of us. Michael & James are not real good at doing their jobs, and it was certainly the element of the week that wore me out the most. Michael did pull through during the times that I needed him and I am very proud of him for that. He filled Chris's slot at the store and carried groceries for my customers. We were very busy and he did a great job. He insisted that it was fun - I say that is a great attitude to have! Yesterday we got in a large truck shipment (over $2,000 dollars in cases) and he helped enormously. James tried to help some, but was more interested in opening up boxes with his knife.

The boys got home around 4pm and I had prepared a nice homecoming meal for them. I made jambalaya, freshly sliced peaches, watermelon and a spicy cold bean salad. It was very nice to have the family together again and to hear all about camp.

Thank you, Lord, for keeping the boys safe and for giving me the peace that a mother needs when her children are away. I praise You for it all.

No comments: