Friday, January 10, 2014

Shock, but no Awe

This will come as a shock to many of you, especially those of you whom know me well.  Be prepared to laugh, so don't take a sip of coffee at this very moment:  I am sick of winter.  There, I said it.  It feels very freeing to finally say it in public.  I am sick of taking deep breaths, in order to prepare for the ensuing cold toilet seat.  I am tired of looking out the window, day dreaming of flowers and butterflies and flowers.  Everything looks sad out there.  It's all shriveled up and boring.  Yes, I still do like the break in the hot temperatures, but this last cold front about set me over the edge.  Yes, we are back in the 50's again, and the 60's will be here tomorrow, but the winter dreary is still out there.  The short days hover over me, in such a harsh and uncaring way.  I just about go into convulsions the week prior to "falling back" with the clocks.

Nonetheless, I do keep a positive attitude and dabble in lots of indoor projects.  But the cold leather seats in the van, are unappealing.  The shortened days are like being in a timed torture chamber, that starts just after 5pm.  I know, things could be worse.  I always know that, because I know how blessed I am, but I think a little humorous ranting does a body good.  It's all in fun,  But the real fun won't begin again until March or April.  Blossoms will abound and birds will be singing.  It will paradise once more, at least until July.  Ha ha!

Have a blessed day, ya'll.  Take the time to laugh at it all.  

3 comments:

jcallahan said...

What is the world coming to!? You are tired of the cold! Actually, I'm sort of in the same boat. I generally love the Winter, but I'm really tired of it this year. Yesterday was beautiful around here. The sun was out and I enjoyed my bike ride. Looking forward to more of those days. Hang in there, Spring is coming.

Anonymous said...

I've never liked this time of year. Usually, the weather is cold AND wet. I'm fine with March through November. Wishing for an early spring. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Don't get me wrong, I still like the cold, but this winter has either been frigid or wet or both. I never did winterize my gardens because of it. Nice to see you, Jowanna. You have been hiding!