Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks, in all things!

We are back from our Louisiana tour. It was really a fantastic trip and couldn't have been more perfect. Looking back, I can even smile about Daddy waking me up at the ungodly hours of 4 & 5am. It wasn't funny at the time, but it is now.

Some of the food highlights were the fried turkey (YUM and thanks, Daddy, for spoiling me), and Aunt Lynn's coconut cake!!! Without a doubt, it is the best cake you will ever eat and after a 5 year absence in my life, it tasted like it was baked in heaven's oven. Mama made us a shrimp soup that would have won a blue ribbon in any contest. SO Good!!! Gail made a very delicious cornbread dressing! We even got to stop at my favorite German restaurant for a reubin. But, it wasn't all about the food for me, and I managed to thwart the food pushers and eat reasonable portions, and have returned with two less pounds of lard on my body!

The people highlights were the best! We got to see 90 year old Maw Maw, several aunts, uncles and cousins and a couple of friends. We were very limited in our time, so a couple of friends I would have loved to have seen, I am sorry we couldn't make it happen. BIG HUGE thanks to Michelle, Connie and Pennie for the hospitality! Although it was a quickie visit, it was so fulfilling! Please tell Todd thanks for the venison - I may cook some today!

There was a lot of football watching, visiting and memories being made. Aunt Becky spoiled the guys with yummy breakfasts every morning and lots of video gaming. I fell in love with her dog, Lucy. She is a spunky little thing and so smart! I can't wait until Becky brings her to visit!

It felt great to be with family again. Although at times, the guys were rather bored, I am certain they will look back on this trip and smile.

No comments: