Saturday, April 18, 2009

Boring update #999

We are just not exciting people. We are not sky diving, solving world hunger or world peace, for that matter. It is a simple life for us, and it is just the way I like it. I hear from my friends who are driving to 5 places in 1 day and have their kids in 3 activities each, spending every Saturday sweating on a bleacher from 9am til 3pm. That is not for me, and it never has been. Praise the Lord that I married a guy who shares my penchant for being cozy at home. There really is no place I would rather be than to be at home. We do not live in a lavish home, but we feel like we have such a park-like setting here, we really have no need to leave.

So my updates may sound dull and non-evenful, but really we are living the good life and are content to just be.

We made a huge jambalaya last weekend for our Life group. Daddy would have been very proud of how it turned out, even with brown rice! He would have never guessed it was brown. We sat around the table chatting and eating 99 different flavors of jelly beans. What more do you need?

Tax season is over! WHEW! I have really enjoyed my little part-time job and especially loved the little extra "fluff" money I earned. I felt so proud when he gave me a bonus after my first week, little did I know I would get one EVERY week thereafter! WOO-HOO!!! Can you say "new washing machine and dryer"??? Cha-ching!

As if that weren't good enough, my boss wants to hire me permantly and set me up in a home office doing various accounting projects. I am thrilled! It will really bolster our budget and allow us to get a little cush money in the bank. Thank you, Lord!!!

So, we may be boring and predictable, but truly, we are living a life of abundance, contentment and harmony. And to that, I give all the Glory to God!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a lovely boring blog you have. From one simple lifer to another Love you all Marj