Monday, July 7, 2008

My "Summer Son"

Well, it has been less than a week, but things are going so well with Vlad. He is such a great little guy. He is learning some English (sandwich, good-night, no, coca-cola, and a couple more). I am learning some Russian and we are managing to communicate. He is very good natured and has a great sense of humor. He loves grilled cheese sandwiches and cereal. He won't try many new foods, but I always ask. I like to tease him and ask him if he wants salad (he does not want salad!). Yesterday we ate in a restaurant and he kept saying he wanted a sandwich. I assured him that he would get one. When my broccoli came, I told him here is his sandwich! It was very funny. He loves ketchup and thinks it is great to dip things in it.

He had a water gun fight with Michael & James. He got to drive's Keith lawnmower, "the big blue machine" and of course, he loves video games. He gets tired of typing things on the translator, but it is a good way to talk.

We are keeping life as normal as we can - we don't want him to think Americans only pursue fun all day long. We do plan to take him to a few sights, but not make it an every day thing. We are taking many pictures for him. He loves the trampoline and especially when Keith and I get in with him. He thinks that is great. Everything delights him - such little things! We are really enjoying him.

Little does he know, he gets put into the chore rotation starting today............

1 comment:

lisamom2four said...

Sounds like so much fun.