Monday, March 31, 2008

Yo-Yo Attitude

How do you deal with a yo-yo attitude? You know, where you get your attitude adjusted and where it should be, and the next thing you know, you are back to having a bad attitude again. It is very much like my weight - I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds at least 10 times this year. I will get to where I am eating the right things, in the right portions, and then Easter comes and every malted milk egg in the house hops into my mouth......

I seem to be doing that with my attitude. I will read the right verses, pray the right prayers, make the right changes, and then, wham, I am back to needing an attitude adjustment. It can be so frustrating because I truly do want to have the right attitude. I want to be thoughtful and caring and hospitable and attentive and all those good things, but I keep back sliding. Is this just how life is, or is there a secret that I have not unearthed??

I am thankful that I realize my weakness, and I guess like most people, I will have to battle this monster for quite a while. Surely one of these days I will have mastered the yo-yo???

1 comment:

Susan said...

I soooooo understand! When you find the key PLEASE tell me!!! Praying for you dear friend.